Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cheshire Crab Lunch Cruise

After a week full of rain we had a gorgeous weekend. And since none of us were raptured on Saturday, Sunday was perfect for a lunch cruise with a crew of 9.

We took the quick trip to the Cheshire Crab in Pasadena, MD. I'm glad we had such a good group of people with us because the service at the restaurant was horrible. I'm really not one to complain much, and frankly with such a beautiful day we were hardly in a rush. However, our waitress was VERY SLOW in getting things to us. We sometimes had to remind her two or three times to bring water, or beer, or butcher paper for the crabs. The website says that they are under new management so maybe they are still working out the kinks for the season, but I still don't think we'll be back anytime soon. In case you are wondering, yes we did say something to a manager before we left but she didn't help the situation at all.

On the flip side, there was a whole new form of entertainment during lunch. Pleasure Cove Marina has a large indoor storage facility for boats. They are constantly putting boats into the water and pulling boats out. Can you imagine seeing your boat in one of these lifts?
Or maybe this is more your style?
It's a little hard to see because of the pylons, but that is a jetski on a smaller lift.

The guys working the lifts were definitely earning their money that Sunday. I understand the postives about having your boat out of the water when it's not in use, but how often is a boat dropped? I never hear about issues, so I'm sure my concerns are unfounded but it's still a little scary to think about.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the weather was great for you guys, but sorry to hear the service was horrible. Nothing worse than bad service. Wish I could have made it out, but I'm looking forward to getting out later. :)

    ReplyDelete