Friday, July 6, 2012

They're Here!

This is a public service announcement - jellyfish have officially been spotted in Baltimore. We saw two on the 4th of July in our marina (we tried to take pictures but the little suckers wouldn't cooperate). Looks like the scientists were right. I can't remember a time when I saw them this far north this early in the season.

As promised in my last post, here are a couple photos of us trying to get the stern anchor up after the storms. We first tried attaching the anchor line to the stern of the boat for leverage. When that didn't work, Doug jumped in the water to see what we were dealing with. Here's me at the helm and our friends holding the line while Doug gets back on the boat:
We next tried attaching the anchor line to the bow of the boat. Yes, that's me in a sundress trying to deal with a stubborn anchor. I repeatedly pulled up as much line as I could, cleated it, and got out of the way while hoping it would finally go free.
Our persistence paid off after about 45 minutes. We went home in one piece and with two anchors.

Thanks to Deb for taking pictures to document the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment