Reasons to visit or permanently stay at Anchorage:
*541 slips - with that many boats there is always someone around so you'll be sure to make friends (we always miss our boating friends during the winter months)
*A floating pool - they replaced one of the slips with a freshwater pool and it has a great view
*Easy walking distance to a variety of bars and restaurants including (all distances according to Mapquest walking map):
- Langermann's - ask about the Anchorage Marina discount (across the street from the marina)
- Chesapeake Wine Company - the olive tampenades are fantastic and try one of their Tuesday night tastings (across the street from the marina)
- Mahaffey's Pub - join the 100 beer club (0.31 miles)
- Mama's on the Half Shell - great seafood options (0.38 miles)
- Vaccaro's (0.41 miles) and Dangerously Delicious (0.35 miles) - for your dessert fix
- JD's Smokehouse - 50 beers on tap (0.47 miles)
- Jack's Bistro - try the mac + cheese + chocolate appetizer and one of their specialty cocktails (0.61 miles)
- Yellow Dog Tavern - brunch on Saturday and Sunday (0.68 miles)
- Annabel Lee Tavern - the longest walk but worth it for the food and fantastic atmosphere (0.98 miles)
*There is easy access to groceries with a Safeway almost directly across the street from the marina.
*Need a coffee fix? Try the Firehouse Coffee Company (0.38 miles from the marina) or the Starbucks across the street from the marina.
*It's a cooperative marina so you can own or lease a slip - your choice. Slips currently for sail are listed on the marina website.
*Each dock has a security gate so you don't have to worry about random visitors.
*Take a taxi (street or water) or take a longer walk via the promenade to other parts of Baltimore: Fell's Point, Inner Harbor, Camden Yards.
The one downside is that parking is very tight at the marina. We live less than a mile from the marina yet oftentimes have to drive because of coolers and overnight bags. We rarely find a spot in the marina lot but never have trouble finding street parking very close.
What marina do you like? Why?