Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Litter

Baltimore has a huge problem with litter. I've watched a 14-year-old kid, standing two feet from a trash can, throw his popsicle wrapper on the ground. The Inner Harbor looks disgusting after a heavy rain. We find ourselves dodging railroad ties in the Bay after a storm. Now, the General Assembly has adopted a bill "mandating that Maryland's largest localities, including Baltimore city and its suburbs, levy fees on their residents to pay for controlling polluted runoff from streets, parking lots and buildings." I'm not complaining about the bill. I want the Bay to be clean. I just wish people would clean up after themselves in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. It's disgusting how dirty our streets are, and it seems nobody has enough love for their city and home to clean it up. Just walking around our block is disturbing with the amount of trash on the ground.

    ReplyDelete