"Do you ever get time alone?"
"Gee, you must REALLY love your husband."
"You guys are crazy. I would have killed my wife by now."
Those are the types of things I hear all the time from people that still live in houses. Yet, my husband had an neat epiphany recently -- Since moving on board two years ago, we have fought less with each other. In fact, I would say that our relationship is stronger than ever.
Now, don't let your mind go too far. We didn't argue a lot before moving on board. But we did have fights. I may have even stomped away from an argument. They were typical, low-key disagreements.
During the past two years we haven't had more than a minor tiff. I guess we could attribute this to a few things:
- With limited space communication is a must!
- If you are unhappy, you can go down to the stateroom or walk the docks but you can't stew for hours in another wing of a McMansion.
- We've now been married 14 years and have finally figured it out.
- We have less physical stuff so there isn't as much to argue about.
- A life that seems less complex.
- Life on boat is less stressful.
- And my personal favorite -- WE ARE JUST SO HAPPY IN LIVEABOARD LIFE.
Note: I did get Doug's approval before publishing this post. We don't want the blog to start causing fights. :)