I had no intention of getting in the water but it sure was nice to be able to wear a bikini top this early in May. Girls sure think alike. Another friend also showed up in her bathing suit and was excited to see that she wasn't the only one. I sometimes feel strange wearing a bathing suit top in the middle of Baltimore but being near a marina makes it appropriate.
IPods are great on a boat. I have created a playlist of upbeat songs for boat trips. The problem with IPods is that the songs sometimes "record" at differing volume levels. I have to apologize to the whole crew for turning up the volume right before "Love Shack" and blasting out everyone's ear drums. I also have to apologize to the Captain (aka my husband) - the sudden loud noise made him think one of the engines had just blown. Thanks to everyone for the singing and dancing entertainment while underway. :)
My personal review of the restaurant:
- It's an easy hour and fifteen minute boat ride from Baltimore.
- The homes along Mill Creek are beautiful and fun to dream about.
- The restaurant was very busy yet we managed to score a table outside under cover within 15 minutes. (Normally you would think you would want to be in the sun. This particular May 1 was 90 degrees, we would have been baking within minutes.)
- FANTASTIC group of people on the trip
- No real atmosphere at Cantler's - just a whole bunch of overcrowded too small tables. (Granted it was one of the first beautiful Saturdays in MD.)
- While the wait staff was very hard-working and attentive, one person's meal finally came out an hour later when the rest of us were finishing up.